In the midst of these indecisive November days, the urge to write long essays full of pathos diminishes, and I want to do nothing but make lists. Like storing nuts. Once winter in earnest roles around, I'm sure I will become more introspective and productive. For now, though, lists.
Things to listen to on Tuesday nights and Wednesday mornings:
- Sweet Juniper's Fall Mix
- BBC Radio 4's Afternoon Reading (this week: the short stories of Irish writer John McGahern; next week, Alan Bennett)
- NPR's Weekend Edition on the James Bond theme song (via Largehearted Boy)
- Sigur Ros live from All Songs Considered. Also great: The Shins. The best thing about these live recordings is the old style radio introduction and occassional inter-song commentary provided by Bob Boilen.
- Badly Drawn Boy in session on Morning Becomes Eclectic. Also, Gomez, whose new songs are so very pretty.
- The six part John Peel documentary at BBC's 6 Music