Remainders? Remainders of what, you ask? You might have come to expect more from me by now. Philosophical notes on the way the sunlight hits new copper roofing, momentarily blinding me as I turn the last page of a book. Nostalgic ramblings on the smell of dill, or snow in the wind as it races around the corners of city blocks. But I'm slipping. (Or wising up - isn't that all just navel gazing?)
Each of these could be an entire post, but I'm hopelessly lazy today, and so I've condensed each into ten words or less and uselessly thrown them together in one post. Something compels me to post each day, even if it's no more than a link and smile. Which is what you get today.
- Simon Pegg explains American humor. And we love him.
- My new favorite song: Land Land Land.
- Tom Perrotta is like candy after Sister Carrie.
- Calvin Trillin is a sweet, sweet man.
- So excited it hurts: The Amazing Race All-Stars.
- Julia Child: A pancake can have drama. (via kottke)
- Long live good radio: long live BBC's 6 Music.